Airy, resilient, herby, world-class, delicious dough.Get ready for the best crust you've ever made.
McGeeza's Pizza Dough
- Large Bowl
- Dough Slicer
- Rolling Pin
- Parchment Paper
- 2 cup all-purpose flour (OR bread flour OR gluten-free flour)
- 2 1/4 teaspoon instant/active yeast (1 packet)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon white sugar (OR equivalent/coconut sugar)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil (OR olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon oil for sitting dough in bowl
- 3/4 cup skywalker-warm water
- 1 hen egg
- Add all together in a big mixing bowl + form dough into a ball.
- Set dough aside on non-stick surface.. clean + oil-coat bowl.. then set dough ball in it.
- Cover + let rise at least 40 minutes (1+ hour recommended) in a warm place.
- Take dough ball out of bowl + place on flour-coated work surface.
- Roll dough out with a pin + your hands, then transfer to parchment paper.
- Fold edges of dough to make a thick outer crust. (optional)
- Bake at 480*F for 10-12 minutes, monitoring carefully, depending on toppings.
- May be refrigerated for up to 5 days in an airtight plastic bag. Make sure to allow dough to rise 100% before refrigeration, otherwise dough may “pop” in your fridge.
- For vegan dough, leave out the egg. This will make the dough a lot less “floofy” or “airy”, but still delicious.